2017 1SS Stereo Upgrade - 6th Gen Camaro Forum

post #1 of 1 Old 10-13-2018, 12:56 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
2017 1SS Stereo Upgrade

This is my first post and I just wanted to post what I upgraded my system to! I got a lot of good ideas from the forum on what to do, so I wanted to give some feedback also. I had a couple of different set ups and finally have the one Iím keeping! I still have to upgrade my front speakers, which will be soon (JL speakers is what Iíll put in). In the rear sail panels I put 6.5Ē hertz coaxial speakers (they pretty much screwed into the factory panels) and I added two 6x9 JL Audio c3 6x9 speakers to the rear deck lid (I had to feed the speakers from the trunk to get the speakers to fit because the magnet is so big, I couldnít clear the rear window). I have a JL XD700/5v2 running all 6 speakers and this amp really brought the stereo to life. I also have a JL w3v3 12Ē sub in a ported box running off of a JL RD500/1 amp. I highly recommend that sub setup because I had a kenwood Excelon 12 before and there is no comparison. I had to install a Audiocontrol Lc7i to get the amps to turn on and a Subthump Non-Bose amp harness to connect everything with relative ease. The Lc7i really helped with the chime volume to be at a ďnormal levelĒ with the chimes turned all the way down in the cars settings and helped clear up the distortion of the stereo once I set it correctly. I did do the install myself and still need to finish mounting everything properly but that will be done soon also. If anyone has any questions, Iíll be more than happy to help if I can! Iíll post a picture of the amps (which I installed in the trunk) and my car!

-Damian

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 6th Gen Camaro Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page