Doc

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
No retro colors will be available

http://www.edmunds.com/car-news/2016...is-summer.html

Quote:
DETROIT — Chevrolet will debut a 2016 Chevrolet Camaro "visualizer" later this summer that enables car shoppers to experiment with different colors, options and accessories on the highly anticipated all-new coupe and convertible.

The visualizer is a precursor to the formal 2016 Camaro online vehicle configurator, Todd Christensen, Camaro marketing manager, told Edmunds on Friday.

"The visualizer won't have pricing," he said in a phone interview. "A configurator with full pricing will go live around the time that the cars are on sale in the late fall."

Chevrolet spokesman Monte Doran confirmed there will be new Camaro convertible, but that version won't debut at the car's upcoming event in Detroit on May 16. Launch timing on the convertible was not provided.

While Chevrolet is holding off on many Camaro details until the car's public debut, Christensen provided a preview of what enthusiasts can expect with the all-new car.

He said new performance and cosmetic accessories are planned, along with new colors.

"We're taking a page from what Camaro enthusiasts tell us," Christensen said. "You've got to treat accessorization as a full-scale strategy and not an after-thought. They have to be well integrated when the car debuts."

He said enthusiasts will be able to personalize the 2016 Camaro "inside and out, with some performance features as well."

While he wouldn't spell out the exact color palette for the 2016 Camaro, he said "there is a good range of bright and expressive colors to some very luxurious and subdued shades."

The exterior color choices will include "bright reds and yellows to beautiful grays and deep metallic reds," he said.

Retro colors, such as Butternut Yellow and Frost Green, will not be offered, however.

"There's nothing about this car that's retro," said Doran.

The Camaro team gathers Camaro wish-lists from enthusiasts by attending Camaro car club events, scouring social media and monitoring the Camaro Facebook page, the largest Facebook car page at General Motors with nearly 5 million likes.

When asked what Camaro enthusiasts are expecting from the 2016 Camaro in terms of performance upgrades, Christensen said: "I don't know that there's a specific expectation. They are looking for us to improve upon what was already great. We're starting with a high bar. Our customers say ‘You guys are doing a good job. Keep it up.'"
I would like to see the return of a light yellow like Butternut Yellow.
post #2 of 7 Old 05-13-2015, 02:33 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
I'd love to option white with huggar orange stripes just like my dads old 69 pace car!!

but thats easy enough to get done, maybe not the houndstooth upholstery

post #3 of 7 Old 05-13-2015, 04:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
"nothing about this car that is retro."

Interesting...

I think that is an okay thing to go with with the brand new vehicle, but no doubt that there will be those that want to pay more homage to the retro Camaro. racing stripes are easy enough to add, but i may skip the hounds-tooth upholstery. :P

post #4 of 7 Old 05-13-2015, 05:20 PM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
meh, I don't care.

eventually I plan on wrapping my camaro and could either for a solid color or take inspiration from a retro color scheme.

post #5 of 7 Old 05-14-2015, 04:39 PM

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSix View Post
meh, I don't care.

eventually I plan on wrapping my camaro and could either for a solid color or take inspiration from a retro color scheme.
So what color would you wrap it? You aren't a fan of any of the colors that the Camaro is going to be offered with?
post #6 of 7 Old 05-14-2015, 10:43 PM Thread Starter
Doc

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yardbird View Post
I'd love to option white with huggar orange stripes just like my dads old 69 pace car!!

but thats easy enough to get done, maybe not the houndstooth upholstery

I like it!!!

You could order white, and then have a good shop put on the orange stripes...maybe even do like a metallic orange vinyl!
post #7 of 7 Old 05-17-2015, 12:52 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i like your post.good

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 6th Gen Camaro Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page