Super realistic render of the sixth-generation Camaro - 6th Gen Camaro Forum

post #1 of 10 Old 09-10-2014, 11:18 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Super realistic render of the sixth-generation Camaro

This render has been floating around the internet for a little while now. Some have been billing it as the actual next-gen Camaro, but don't get too excited because I am pretty sure that it is not.

So first off, let me explain why this is definitely not the actual next-gen Camaro. If you look at the shape of the Camaro in this picture, it clearly does not match up to the shape of the Camaro that we have seen in spy shots. Here, take a look for yourself.

Another reason why this definitely isn't the Camaro is that it hasn't generated media buzz from big outlets like you would expect a leaked picture of a Camaro to do. If this was the Camaro then more legit auto sites would have picked up the story for sure.

Could any parts of this render be accurate though? The grille looks similar to grille that we have seen on other recent Chevy models, though it is different from the typical Camaro grille which is wider and slimmer. It also will be cool if there is a hood vent like on this render.

Even though this isn't the Camaro, its still fun to discuss it. What do you like or dislike about this version of the Camaro?

The Camaro will be revealed at the 2015 North American International Auto Show in Detroit.
post #2 of 10 Old 09-10-2014, 12:36 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
LOL What the DISASTER! Its clearly a photochop and WAYYYYY to similar to the old last gen F-Bodys...

post #3 of 10 Old 09-11-2014, 01:00 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Well you can definitely see that the hood is very similar. I also think that the front end just doesn't look very nice. Weird grille, fog lamps don't look good either.

post #4 of 10 Old 09-16-2014, 06:28 PM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
that is one funky front end, thankfully that won't happen
post #5 of 10 Old 09-17-2014, 04:33 PM

and the rear haunches are too tall... We're going to see an evolution not a revolution, I'm really not expecting anything substantial to differ....
post #6 of 10 Old 09-18-2014, 11:59 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I think the biggest thing to keep an eye on is the grille, but even then I don't think that it will be changing to the more circular grille that can be seen on other Chevy vehicles. I think that it will stay wide and thin.
post #7 of 10 Old 09-18-2014, 05:03 PM

When it comes to the grille to me it seems like what they'll do is just use the current generation as the foundation for the new one. I doubt it would be a world apart.
post #8 of 10 Old 09-24-2014, 11:44 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSix View Post
When it comes to the grille to me it seems like what they'll do is just use the current generation as the foundation for the new one. I doubt it would be a world apart.
Agreed. They may be redesigning the Camaro, but it won't be radically different from the current generation. I expect the grille and the hips to be generally the same. Things like the lights and contours will be more where the redesigning happens.
post #9 of 10 Old 09-25-2014, 03:48 PM

I've been reading that the design for the 6th gen is supposed to be based around the late 70's/early 80's cars...
post #10 of 10 Old 10-31-2014, 04:04 PM

probably very slightly.
media is saying the transformers camaro is likely to be along the lines of the new one.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 6th Gen Camaro Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page